Attn:Karl

Not sure where you are, but none were ever brought into the USA by MB of NA.

Where are you going to get a turbo 617 flywheel?? The turbo engine crankshaft is part number 617 031 06 01. The non turbo crank is 617 031 03

  1. MB Euro parts books do not show a turbo 617 manual flywheel part number....

On the non turbo 617's, the manual flywheel is part number 617 030 00 05 and the auto trans flywheel is 615 030 12 05. But I have never seen a USA version manual trans 300D. The auto flywheel is the same on both engines, turbo and non turbo.

Reply to
Karl

Hi Karl, I've been reading your informative posts here for a while and trust your expertise. I have an opportunity to obtain an 82 300TD for a good price. I absorbed your previous info, and really would like an 85 but this 82 is available. I have access to a rebuilt 85 longblock that someone purchased for a project that never happened. It was for a 300SD repair. I can get this for 2 grand. The car I can pick up for about a grand. What I'd like to know is...how much hassle, if even possible would it be to outfit the car with a MB manual tranny? An 82 300td with an 85 300sd long block and a manual trans. Forgive me if this is a stupid concept. I'd really like an 85 300TD in decent shape for 6 grand, but have not seen any. I guess I just need a new project,:>),Adysthemic

Reply to
Adysthemic