auxiliary fuel filter heat tap question

OK, here's one for you heating system gurus;

I am installing a SVO (straight vegetable oil) kit in my 82 300D. One of the things that I need to provide is hot coolant in a loop to the trunk.

Where can I tap into the heater circuit so that I don't have to run the heater and I don't steal all of the coolant from the heater core.

As far as I can tell, from the back of the head (driver's side) the circuit is more or less;

head --> heater core --> Monovalve --> circulation pump --> block

I am thinking that a tee into the line from the head to the heater core, and a tee between the circulation pump and the block is the place to put this. The line that I am using is .5" ID PEX, so it shouldn't steal all of the flow, and the pump should draw coolant if it is needed. I can put a ball valve in the loop line to control the amount of bypass as well...

So I'm thinking;

head --> heater core --> Monovalve --> circulation pump --> block \__________________heat exchanger in trunk________/

So, do I have this correct, more or less?

Thanks to anyone that can give me a hand on this.

-Tom

Reply to
Thomas Skidmore