B lue Smoke

Wife's little 280 has blown oil smoke, on startup, a couple of times for

5 seconds or so. It has less than 15,000 miles. There are no codes. Oil looks almost like it just came out of the bottle. Dealer tries to tell me it is condensation and there is nothing to check etc.If there is no codes, there is nothing for them to check. I know oil smoke. I know condensation. Infuriating. Anyone else seen this?
Reply to
Frog Breaches

There is definitely something wrong if this is new car. You need to get MB involved or go to another dealer if possible.

Reply to
Tiger

She hasn't driven it through any standing water lately has she? I mean, anywhere deep enough to possibly get it in the intake?

Reply to
cldnails

If you're blowing blue smoke on startup, I'm thinking leaky valve seals. They don't normally go bad at only 15,000 miles, but they could have defective from the factory. It's also possible there's just too much oil in the engine, or the oil is too thin.

"Strip mining prevents forest fires."

Reply to
Logic316