book covering SL's

One of the great things I got for Christmas was a book about the Mercedes SL's (thanks Jesse!). It covers 230,250,280,

350, and 450 SL and SLC cars. It also talks about the 300 and 190SL briefly.

"Mercedes-Benz Roadsters" by LJK Setright

Not sure where to find it, but I'm sure a search will turn some up.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

No kidding. He is without a doubt my favorite automotive weriter.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

What!? no 380SL?

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Don't have the book in front of me, but I believe it was first published in 1979. Was the 380SL introduced after then?

Reply to
Steve

Steve, you are correct. It was only made from about '81 to '85. so that also explains why no 560SL. I'm looking into buying a SL (possibly). Drove a Solstice (Pontiac) not to long ago thinking it might be a reasonably priced nice (not to mention new) sportcar and was 'severely' disapointed with it. It essentially drove like a truck! couldn't even compare to my '89 300E in terms of drivability etc.

Maybe a SL will be for me as a fun car and so the book will prove invaluable.

- cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz