BRAND NEW W124 - only $66,000

LONDON, August 21 (IranMania) - Bonyan Auto Manufacturing Group, an affiliate to Pars Industries Development Co, has already started assembling and manufacturing Chairman cars, MNA reported.

According to German car magazine "Auto Bild", the SsangYong Chairman is based on the platform of the1984 - 1995Mercedes-Benz W 124E-Class sedans. Chassis, axles, steering, brakes and engines are purely Mercedes, the rest being modified: The body is lengthened by 25 cm.

SsangYong is one of the lesser known Korean manufacturers, but it has a well known European partner in Mercedes-Benz, with whom it has had technical links for some time.

It builds Mercedes' faithful inline- 6under license and it uses it to good effect in the Musso, a big SUV styled in Britain and currently one of the fastest of its kind. Now the Koreans have gone even further, using not only a Mercedes-derived engine, but also a Stuttgart chassis. The result is the Chairman, a143 -mph (( 230km/h)) luxury car that was an instant success when it went on sale in Korea late last year.

Based on the floor pan of the previous-generation E-Class, the Chairman uses the Mercedes-designed and SsangYong-built3 .2-liter24 -valve inline- 6that produces220 bhp, delivered through Mercedes-Benz's latest5 -speed automatic. The car boasts traction control as well as a multilink rear suspension and electronic shock absorber control.

The interior of the16 .5-ft.-long ((5, 05m, see graphics above)) Chairman is equipped to full luxury standards, living up to its price of $66. 000in Korea.

Developed over a four-year period of collaboration between SsangYong and Mercedes, the Chairman represents an investment of $ 496million.

Designed for Far Eastern markets, the new car will also be sold in Eastern Europe. It will not - no doubt at the request of Stuttgart - be sold in Western markets where SsangYong sells its off-roaders.

The temptation of a bargain-price "E-Class" might be too tempting for the taxi drivers of Belgium, Holland and Scandinavia.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

It's "success-driven." :-)

I am sure this vehicle was mentioned here in this NG before.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Ever heard of "pertinent silver"?

Pertinent to what?

:-) DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Perhaps they mean to say it is not impertinent.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I wouldn't be, not to the chairman anyway.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

The Chairman underwent a face-lift this year.

Since June 1998 I do have a page about the original version incl. some 1997 spy-photos at

Personally I do not like the face-lift.

Oh, and yes, the original version was not allowed to sell in the European Community by Mercedes, but then Poland wasn't member of the EU and thr Chairman was sold e.g. there.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

According to German car magazine "Auto Bild", the SsangYong Chairman is> based on the platform of the1984 - 1995Mercedes-Benz W 124E-Class> sedans. Chassis, axles, steering, brakes and engines are purely> Mercedes, the rest being modified: The body is lengthened by 25 cm. That whole paragraph is stolen from my website
summarized an article from German _Auto Bild_in English language in my own words.

This whole paragraph is stolen from American _Road & Track_, you can read that also - of course cited with the source - at

ALL these paragrapha are stolen from American _Road & Track_, you can read that also - of course cited with the source - at

Nice attitude from
-they are thieves plus they are selling thestolen goods as _new_ although it's years old...

Oh, and YES, they even do lie and say it's _their_ work: _Please note that the news articles are the property and copyright of IranMania.com. Under no circumstances may they be reproduced in any shape or format. Any user found to be copying the news articles from IranMania will face legal action by IranMania.com / Persicom Ltd or its associated news providers if the article has been purchased from them._

Maybe I should get them to a US court and demand 5 million dollars?

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

And look at their site layout; it's stolen from Yahoo.

c;

Reply to
cp

As you know, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Your (website's) fame is spreading far and wide.

Yes, try suing IranMania in the US, but for at least USD fifty million. The way the juries decide over there it seems to require little extra work to achieve 50m rather than 5m.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Besides the fact that I of course will not sue them I always wonder what these people think - in today's world of the internet it is _so_ easy to detect such thefts; also I can clearly see they did not steal from Road & Track directly, but via my site.

I wonder how loud the responsible guy - Mr. Bahram Pourghadiri of 2 Belsize Square, London NW3 4HT - would cry if I would come over and _borrow_ his car and then sell it as if would be mine...

Interestingly the absolutely identical stolen text is also at

That's another phenomenon: B steals from A and then C copies from B stating B as source and of course not A.

Working on my site all these mechanisms very often made it difficult to decide if infos and rumours of future MBs were real or nonsense

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Not far from where my sister lives...less than a km I would say. Maybe she should bring a gang of heavies round...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Oh no, that is definitely not my style (yes, I know, you were only kidding)!

But when an official MB dealership from the UK once stole content from my site (didn't ask, didn't state source) I wrote an email to the general manager telling him I'd come along the day after and would use one of their dealership cars in the same way they used the content from my site - needless to say they deleted the content from their site within hours... ;-))

For non-commercial sites I always gave allowance to use _my_ material and always told them they have to ask the other copyright holders (if any, but was mostly the case).

To summarize: If one puts material on the net one must be aware it is very likely to be stolen almost immediately. And any legal action of course is pointless when the stolen material is on servers in the Ukraine or China or the Caribbean or... or... or...

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

There seems to be no intellectual property rights on the internet.

There should be a way to deal with that.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Can anybody give me a clue as to why my car is difficult to start in the morning. There is a fuel shortage problem it takes an age to get the fuel up from the tank. Is there a pump from tank to injection pump? if so where. Also the pre-heat light only come on after the engine is going then goes out after approximatley 30 seconds. Has anyone got any ideas? I would really greatful for any suggestions. lordsmallpiece

Reply to
lordsmallpiece

Your engine's fuel system has an air leak that's allowing air to seep into the lines. Then the engine's fuel pump must expel the air before the engine has fuel to start. Check the fuel hose connections and fuel filters for tightness.

OR,

The glow plugs are not working - at all - and you're cranking the engine until it finally starts.

Either way, have a professional M-B mechanic take a look at it for it won't fix itself, meanwhile you're taxing the battery and starter.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach