breaking down

Does anyone knows what could make a 2003 brand new diesel CLK breaking down very often? Tkx

Realizing that this malfunction may be unusual, here is the breakdown record since the last intervention by Mercedes Europa on 9th Sep 2003:

BREAKDONWS RECORD

(Mercedes CLK 270 CDI)

(automatic gear)

Day hour Local Speed ([1]) (km/h) Km already runned that day Remarks

13 Sep 1725 Amsterdam 20 230 Engine suddenly stopped when running slowly to stop at a stop signal. 20 Sep 1320 Bxl - Av. FD Roosevelt 10 10 Engine suddenly stopped when braking to stop at a crossroad. 23Sep 1840 Bxl - Blv Woluwé 40 25 When accelerating the engine broke down for 1 second and restarted by its own 29 Sep 1815 Bxl - Blv Woluwé 10 18 Engine suddenly stopped when running slowly on a jammed traffic line. 6 Oct 1825 Bxl - Blv Woluwé 20 25 Engine suddenly stopped when waiting to cross the road 7 Oct 1240 Rue Froissard 10 20 Engine suddenly stopped when running slowly 7 Oct 1350 Blv Tervuren 10 25 Engine suddenly stopped when running slowly to stop at a stop signal.

Remarks:

1.. After each breakdown the car restarted normally 2.. Breakdowns at crossroads are potentially dangereous

paulo_nc

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) we in the USA aren't sold these new CDI diesels.

As they are electronically controlled your description leads me to believe there's an intermittent electrical problem in the fuel control system. A bad sensor or relay - something like that.

Gas powered cars have a fuel pump relay that powers their electric fuel pumps. The relays get "tired" many years and become intermittent - and the cars behave much like yours does.

Your new car has what's known as an "infant failure" an electronic component that's simply bad - the challenge is to find it - fortunately the car is under warranty so M-B can pay for all the wrong guesses and extra parts.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Thank you very much for your opinion. Paul

"T.G. Lambach" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@NoHamOrSpamcomcast.net...

Reply to
paulo_nc

Too low idling speed being set ??

paulo_nc wrote:

Reply to
House of Chin

These new generation diesels are excellent engines & i'll prefer these to the petrol engines, whether with Kompressor or whatever !

Overall i consider it as good if not superior to the petrol versions.

T.G. Lambach wrote:

Reply to
House of Chin

Engine cutting out, I would get your injector leak off checked by your dealer. All the pumps on CDI engines are engine driven, not electric. Sounds to me like you have a fuel delivery problem and have seen several CDI's with similar symptoms which turned out to be injector problems.

Good job its under warranty, cos those injectors ain't cheap...

Reply to
miknik