c240 oil change interval (2002)

Hi there,

The service A and B are 15K KM apart. That is when dealer change oil along with other inspections.

This 15K KM interval for oil change seems too long for me. I drive

2500km every month on highways and 15K means 6 months in one oil change.

Do you guys think I should get the oil change sooner, lets say after 3 months or 7500 KM? Is this a good idea or am I just being thinking too much?

Thanks.

Reply to
yassir

If you are using regular oil, yes, it need to be much shorter. However, if you are using synthetic oil, then stick to what Mercedes says.

In US, we are running about average 10,000 miles per oil change on synthetic oil with fiberglass oil filter (not paper oil filter). That's about 22,000 KM.

If the running environment is dusty as in developing country, then you would want it to be shorter.

Reply to
Tiger