CLS 55 AMG - The four-door coupe as AMG

For some photos and text of the new CLS 55 AMG (the four-door coupe based upon the E-Class) go to

Juergen MBSPY webmaster

Juergen .

Another upright star bites the dust. Shame...

Otherwise looks great.

Four-door coupe an interesting new use of the word coupe, isn't it?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Yes, we will see the upright star on the C-, E- and S-Class only (not counting the Maybach here).

I don't like the look that much - but it introduces itself to the public before in autumn next year the new S-Class will be presented... ;-) Besides that the CLS IMHO is another superfluous car, splitting the model line into too many models, filling even the niches of the niches; and it is not difficult to forecast that sales numbers of the CLS will be very low.

Seen strictly the term _four-door coupe_ of course is pure nonsense - but hey, all the overpaid MB marketing folk has to prove its existence =:-(

Juergen

Juergen .

The Maybach has an upright M, of course. Will those overpaid marketing people dream up a sporty Maybach version with the M in the grille? ... Maybe with that 800 PS motor...?....

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Especially since a coupe is, strictly speaking, defined by the number of *seats* rather than the number of doors, but I gave up expecting accuracy on that point years ago.

--/

Reply to
Keith Baird

So, if I keep the rear seats folded away on my C320 Wagon, it becomes a coupe?

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

This is not at all a new use of the word coupe. In the 1960s, there was the Rover 3 Litre Mk III Saloon (Sedan) and Coupe. Interestingly, both models had 4 doors. Also, what would you call the Mada RX-8? I would say it is a coupe although it has 4 doors.

Best regards,

Danny

Reply to
E 55 AMG

Is is me.... or in profile, does it look a little like the Lexus convertible?

Reply to
Fathead

Good point, Danny!

So my _...but hey, all the overpaid MB marketing folk has to prove its existence =:-( _ is wrong as they not even can do THAT! ====:-((((

Juergen - 1982 W123 240D auto Euro sedan now an AMG as it is _Always Mighty Good_ ??

Reply to
Juergen .

800 PS?

That'll be three updates from now I guess...

And what those folk dream of? Maybach ...aeh: maybe from someone giving them at least a liitle bit of competence??

But as their top boss does not have any clue... ==:-((

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Reply to