New Mercedes Vision CLS 4-door E-Class coupe

I have added all available DC press material to my site at

photos plus three press texts)and
design sketches) As usual the pages are huge in size.

Juergen

Juergen .

So it's just as well I have a ca. 500 kbaud connection at work to look at the "huge" pages... :-)

Nice looking car, a bit like a large C-Sport, but what's the point (other than charge more for an 'exclusive saloon')? To make the E-Class look less 'sporty'?

The CLS has an overall length of 4.91 m and a wheelbase of 2.854 m.

The S is 5.043 m long and has wheelbase of 2.965 m. The E is 4.818 m long and has wheelbase of 2.854 m.

So the CLS is a slightly extended E-Class with a modified shape... And will it cost more than an equivalently-powered S-Class?

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Hello,

I doubt I'd have easy time entering and exiting the CLS through the rear doors. I'd hit my head each and every time when entering and exiting.

The current-generation Mercury Sable has rear doors with "plunging" window frames similar to CLS so try it yourself...

Oliver

Juergen . wrote:

Reply to
Ennui Society

Yes, I know the page size is too big - but I simply did not want to split it into two halves.

No real, point - maybe to try add a bit more elegance and luxury to the Mercedes brand, I do not know. The only _real_ point with the car is its front end, the shape of the headlights - the days of the four-eyed fronts is over and this is a way to show the future _face_ of some Mercedes cars. Also note the different styling of the bumpers.

Exactly - a variation of the E-Class.

More - but I don't know how much more (a E400CDI sedan with 260 PS starts at ca. 58.000 Euro here in Germany.

Juergen

Juergen .

Just a note: I had no trouble viewing your pics (no doubt because of the fast connection).

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Juergen:

I had just read about the Vision CLS in a magazine, and then I saw this thread and looked at the pictures and text on your web page. Thanks again for all the info you share.

Here are a couple of questions.

1) Is there any indication anywhere of the displacement of the inline-6 cylinder engine? 2) If this 6-cylinder diesel produces 265 PS, does this mean the 4-liter diesel V8 will become more powerful?

Best regards,

Danny

Reply to
E 55 AMG