cold start follow up

My car had problems starting up when cold. So, The mechanic bypassed the over voltage protection relay and it is starting ok now. He also changed a big rectangular relay sitting right behind the OVP relay.

Now, 1-Could any damage happen if I use the car until I have the OVP relay changed (it was on back order)

2- Was it really necessary to change the other relay (it is worth $260 Canadian.

???

Karle

1988 MB 190e 2.3 381000 Km
Reply to
nikki

He probably changed the fuel pump relay... does it say kickdown on it or Klima? If it is Klima, then no.

Change the OVP as soon as you can. It is very critical for the safety of your electrical system.

Reply to
Tiger