Cooling System Capacity 300CD-T?

Finally going to bite the bullet and replace the radiator in my '82. Do I really just need half a gallon of coolant if I do a 50/50 mix? The only reason I'm confused is because the specs in the manual seem to say that the capacity is 12.5 quarts. I'm sure I'm just misreading the capacities table in both my Chilton guide and my manual, but wanted to confirm.

Reply to
eyeball kid

You will need about 1 gallon or so to refill. Just buy 2 premized Zerex G-05 coolant from your local auto part store.

Reply to
Tiger

I see you fell for that marketing deception!!

Kragen sells the G-05 gallons for $10.99 but I don't see the pre-mix 4sale.

But if you look at other anti-freeze, straight and pre-mixes they sell:
will see that the straight stuff is $9.49 and the 50/50 is $7.49.Two 50/50's is $14.98!!!! You are spending an extra 5 bucks for water andanother bottle for the land fill!! What a bunch of crap.

I would spend the 10.99 and fill the ONE bottle with water myself.

Owning and working on Mercedes does not mean I am going to waste $$$.

Reply to
Karl

I know... I know... could have bought distilled water and save $4... Last I tried in my area... no full G05 was available at the time I need... so I just bit the bullet and bought them... I waited 2 weeks... nothing...

Reply to
Tiger