Cruise control

I read or heard somewhere that using the cruise control is hazardous to your fuel mileage. Is that true? If so, why? Seems to me it should increase your fuel mileage.

Reply to
Gogarty

The more consistent the car's speed the more consistent will be it's engine's speed and that aids fuel economy. Remember, a diesel is basically a constant speed engine so that's where it gains efficiency. Cruise control, if it works well, will save fuel.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach