dashboard lampjes 190D

Hoi en alvast bedankt voor reacties in mijn mercedes 190D bj. 92 zijn een aantal lampjes in het dasboard aan vervanging toe. Kan ik dit zelf doen en hoe krijg ik het open Gr Jan

Reply to
Jan de Vries

This is an international newsgroup, please post in English.

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

Roughly translated:

Jan says hi, she/he has a 92 190D and wants to know how to change the dashcluster lights,and wants to know if it can be done by him/her self and how to access the back of cluster!

Reply to
CaptainW116

sorry,not a 92 190D,just 190D

Reply to
CaptainW116

yes a 92 I think

Reply to
charles blassberg

The lamps (bulbs) that illuminate the instrument panel are located at the back of the cluster and it would have to be removed to change them. Perhaps testing the dimmer knob first would be in order. Many owners, particularly second owners, don't realize that the trip odomter reset knob can be twisted to adjust the intensity of the cluster lighting.

Reply to
MTI

Yep...happened to me...

Reply to
C Peters

vervanging toe.

Perhaps you should learn Dutch?

cp

Reply to
cp

and this first owner.......on his second benz and after 100k miles in the second one.....oops

Reply to
charles blassberg

vervanging toe.

Ik spreek en schrijf al vloeiend Nederlands. Mijn punt is echter dat men in internationale nieuwsgroepen een gedeelde taal hoort te hanteren. Dat standpunt is niet kortzichtig en bekrompen maar juist het gevolg van even doordenken. Hoe nuttig zou een nieuwsgroep zijn waarin honderden talen door elkaar geschreven worden? Bedenk even dat ca. 20 miljoen mensen Nederlands spreken en schrijven (ca. 0.003% van de wereldbevolking) en dat zo goed als alle Nederlanders de Engelse taal voldoende machtig zijn om simpele vragen in nieuwsgroepen te stellen.

As you can see I've put some thought in this matter. If you prefer I could post exclusively in Dutch in the future, but I have the sneaking suspicion that would not help communications, OTOH perhaps your Dutch is better than my English ;).

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

My question: > back of the cluster and it would have to be removed to change them. How to remove the dashboard?

"C Peters" schreef in bericht news:d9fc90$1pg$ snipped-for-privacy@tabloid.srv.ualberta.ca...

Reply to
Jan de Vries

My question: > back of the cluster and it would have to be removed to change them. How to remove the dashboard?

"C Peters" schreef in bericht news:d9fc90$1pg$ snipped-for-privacy@tabloid.srv.ualberta.ca...

Reply to
Jan de Vries

My question: > back of the cluster and it would have to be removed to change them. How to remove the dashboard?

"C Peters" schreef in bericht news:d9fc90$1pg$ snipped-for-privacy@tabloid.srv.ualberta.ca...

Reply to
Jan de Vries

My question: > back of the cluster and it would have to be removed to change them. How to remove the dashboard?

"C Peters" schreef in bericht news:d9fc90$1pg$ snipped-for-privacy@tabloid.srv.ualberta.ca...

Reply to
Jan de Vries

How can i remove dashboard

"C Peters" schreef in bericht news:d9fc90$1pg$ snipped-for-privacy@tabloid.srv.ualberta.ca...

Reply to
Jan de Vries

How can i remove dashboard

"C Peters" schreef in bericht news:d9fc90$1pg$ snipped-for-privacy@tabloid.srv.ualberta.ca...

Reply to
Jan de Vries

How can i remove dashboard

"C Peters" schreef in bericht news:d9fc90$1pg$ snipped-for-privacy@tabloid.srv.ualberta.ca...

Reply to
Jan de Vries

I turned clockwise and counter-clockwise the trip odometer reset knob on my ML320 and was unable to adjust the intensity of the cluster lighting.

Not that I need to, but I am curious if there is a switch, > MTI wrote:

Reply to
Hernando Correa

internationale nieuwsgroepen een gedeelde taal hoort

gevolg van even doordenken. Hoe nuttig zou een

even dat ca. 20 miljoen mensen Nederlands spreken en

Nederlanders de Engelse taal voldoende machtig zijn om

I don't speak a word of Dutch but I understood 2/3 of the above :-)

post exclusively in Dutch in the future, but I have the

is better than my English ;).

Yeh, I figured later that you did speak Dutch :-)

cp

Reply to
cp

Mercedes suggests using "pulling hooks" that are wire hooks with plastic handles to yank the instrument cluster from the dash. That method will almost guarantee that the speedo cable will be stretched and the needle will bounce at low speed.

My method is to remove the under dash panel. Then remove the black plastic air ducting that connects the center console to the driver's side vent. The ducting is snap fit into place and easy to remove and replace. With the ducting out of the way, feel for the speedo cable end and undo it before pushing the cluster assembly out towards the steering wheel. The steering wheel does not have to be removed. The wiring to the back of the cluster is unique plug coded so there is no chance to reattach the wires improperly. On pre-85 cars, the oil pressure gauge was fed with a "live" oil line, but later models are electric.

There are two wedge bulbs that provide illumination for the cluster. It's a good ideal to change out the other warning lamps at the same time.

Reply to
MTI