Diesel Fuel Substitute

I definitely will, it does not look as if anyone on the board has tried it. Even if I damage it, the engine has about 500,000km on it, it is about time it and the fuel system do the funky chicken :)

cp

maintenance and performance problems with straight,

condition it for use as a diesel alternative.

Reply to
cp

Looks like our southern England winters (when we get sunshine, that is).

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Looks nice. I thought it would be cold, cloudy and rainy.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

They're not walking around in shirtsleeves.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

The people from toronto are....

Reply to
Martin Joseph

message

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Where do you get the info on what filters, what micron size, etc., to filter your oil? Also, do you heat your oil before running it through a filter? Do you get the same french fry smell out the exhaust as I've witnessed? Smells great! Better than the normal diesel odor.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

You need filters of a micron size sufficient to ensure a chicken drumstick cannot pass from the fuel tank to the injector pump.

Also, you need to install a small Bunsen burner under your auxilliary fryer grease tank to heat the oil above the coagulation point. Be sure to light the Bunsen burner prior to attempting start on a cold morning.

If you use used fryer oil from seafood restaurants, like Ivars, be sure to mount an anti-cat screen around the trunk lid to ward off nocturnal attacks from predatory felines seeking access to your auxilliary fuel tank.

Beware too, that Okra seeds and catfish spines could cause hot spots on your pistons and cause stuck valves, so for those down South, an additional Okra and Catfish Filter should be installed upstream of the canister fuel filter.

Reply to
Randall Brink

We've finally got some rain in the last two days, the local ski hills have closed early, no snow till today aiaiaiai

cp

Reply to
cp

Yeh, weather was quite nice, some trees started blooming in January. Today all of a sudden it became cold, hopefully that cooking oil in the 300d won't cause any problems... :)

here's some more...

cp

Reply to
cp

I was :-) though not on that day

cp

Reply to
cp

cannot pass from the fuel tank to the injector pump.

grease tank to heat the oil above the coagulation

mount an anti-cat screen around the trunk lid to ward

fuel tank.

pistons and cause stuck valves, so for those down

the canister fuel filter.

I'm worried about hardening of the fuel lines. Do you think its a good idea to get an annual checkup for cholesterol in the fuel pump. Though I'm not too worried about shooting McNuggets through the injectors I must say.

cp

Reply to
cp

For sure, probably healthier too. Maybe I'll advertise fast food joints, it'd be a revolution in fast food advertising, better than scratch-n-sniff :-)

cp

Reply to
cp

I think an additive mixture of oatmeal and Lipitor might prevent that from happening.

Reply to
Randall Brink

That's true. I know one or two who here (London) and dress very lightly even though it's not much above freezing...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Classic. I love it!

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

Oatmeal? Yes, yes, I will try that, but on my sister's 300d outside, maybe she won't notice...

cp

Reply to
cp

KJC: Of course, your warranty will be voided...if you care.

All power to you, especially if free. I mean Rudolph Diesel didn't transesterify his peanut oil on his first running compression ignition engine...but now that we've got direct injection at 20,000PSI I wouldn't burn straight veggie oil in my TDI no matter how old it was.

Please help support a true biodiesel economy in order to knock away like a flea the concept of a hydrogen economy proposed by Mr. Bush and his cohorts. Please help biodiesel reach the pumps. This is not a political argument -- it's about how people forget things like the Hindenberg (sp?). It's about an infrastructure already in place ready to accept biodiesel. The promotion of straight veggie oil only confuses the masses unless you take the time to explain the difference between SVO and biodiesel.

I'm trying to start up a biodiesel delivery company and I'm already buffaloed by the number of people who think conversion is necessary. Thank you Car and Driver for your Veggie Oil Kit article last year...but not a word from Car and Driver about biodiesel -- even Click and Clack knock the concept of biodiesel.

I'm sure your car will run on SVO. It's an experiment, as you said. But for those who are looking to maintain factory warranties and home heating maintenance agreements, and those who are not interested or don't have the time to experiment on their new Jeep Liberty or the school buses that move our children, let's not forget biodiesel. It's part of the solution, THE SOLUTION to fossil fuels, while SVO in a few vehicles is still an experiment at your cost.

Just don't forget to enthuse about biodiesel as much as SVO.

Humbly.

Kevin J. Crandall

Are you anywhere in the Seattle/Vancouver (BC, not Vancouver, WA) area?

cp

transesterify his peanut oil on his first running compression

wouldn't burn straight veggie oil in my TDI no matter how

flea the concept of a hydrogen economy proposed by Mr.

political argument -- it's about how people forget

place ready to accept biodiesel. The promotion of

explain the difference between SVO and biodiesel.

by the number of people who think conversion is

year...but not a word from Car and Driver about

those who are looking to maintain factory warranties

don't have the time to experiment on their new Jeep

biodiesel. It's part of the solution, THE SOLUTION to fossil

Reply to
cp

No, sorry. Quite far away, actually. Maine, to be exact.

Cheers.

-KJC