Does Mercedes still make a Wagon

Hi All, Does Mercedes still make a Wagon? If so, what model numbers? TIA .....t

Reply to
Terry

Yes, the C-Class and E-Class estates are still in production. There's even an AMG "grocery getter."

Reply to
MTI

Forgot to mention that only the E-Class is available in the US, if that's your neck of the woods. In 2005, the C-Class was available, and there have been spy photos of the new C-Class estate being tested.

Reply to
MTI

Have you tried the MB website...?...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Reply to
Justin Rouzzo

I asked at my MB dealer yesterday and was told that the new C-class wagons will not be imported to the US. Sigh.

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

If you're talking about the estate version of the C, then a lot of people think it is as useful as the BMW 3 estate version -- not very.

The ultimate is the E Class.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Our local police (here in the UK) use the E Class estate cars. Very nice looking. I have rarely seen one in private use. The C class estate is more common.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

Too big for me. BMW 3 is too small. Our C320 wagon is just the right size for us two. Rear seats down, I can schlepp all the weekend stuff in comfort.

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

Glad to hear it works for you. As you know I was only passing on hearsay and journalists' comments (maybe that's hearsay, too).

I have never owned such a type of car and only rarely driven one (usually rented).

I must admit that if I looked at such a car I would not overlook the C Estate/Wagon.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Understood. We are only two and we drive almost only on weekends from NYC to CT (and back) where we have a house. I review audio systems and often have to carry bulky cartons of equipment back and forth. So, our priorities are driving/riding comfort and enjoyment and the capacity to stuff in some big components from time to time.

Prior to the C320S, we had a few Saab hatchbacks which sufficed but, with the demise of their hatchbacks, we looked elsewhere. Considering the critical (for us) distance from the back of the rear seats and the rear hatch along with the performance, this seemed optimum. We now have 4 years on it and renewed the lease until next year. The alternatives are few.

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

Until the Mercs came along the ultimate estate in the UK was considered to be Volvo (even if they sent you to sleep as soon as you looked at them)...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

What, you never had Universal and Binz wagons over there in the late 50's and early 60s?

Reply to
Richard Sexton

I doubt it... Did you?

I love this pic gallery:

Is the Universal you mean a version of this?
DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Sigh,

What would I pay to have "Low-cost motoring at it's smooth and easy best again... ;-)

The rest of the MB brochures are excellent too.

Cheers, ws

Reply to
ws

Nah, the car I'm most familiar with is Bill Wachsmuths:

Richard Sexton

Never knew about those...interesting.

Red herring: IMA is an Italian company making pharmaceutical process machines... :-)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

The 110/111 had the greatest number of chassis variants. Typicaly MB produces a chassis in one or maybe a couple of variants, but there are like 16 variants of the 110/111 chassis. Special ones for ambulances, and all sorts of utility vehicles. Noen were by any stretch of the imagination "common" though and arguably this was 40 years before their time.

Reply to
Richard Sexton