Dual ignation parts

Can anyone tell me in simple terms what the advantage is to having 2 of everything in the ignition system in my E420? For example, what makes 2 4-position distributor caps better than one 8-position? I figure the MB engineers must have a good reason. I'd just like to know what it is.

Reply to
Mr. 420

Rockman59

In an emergency, the engine will revert to 4 cylinders, enough to get you to a safe place. Low -performance? More like hi-technology..

Reply to
Rico Led