E 320 A/C compressor

My E320 .100K mi. in great shape ,.except merc. dealership informs me that my a/c compressor leaks.New compressor $800+450 labor + seals etc.$1600.Wow! Any chance that a recharge with leak sealant I could limp along for the summer.? Is there any place that sells remanufactured compressors ? Any Suggestions

Reply to
slowmotion

Have an A/C shop check it before doing anything with the dealer.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

In article ,

-->> T.G. Lambach

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

I am assuming you have a 210 E class. You can buy a new compressor for $430 for OEM and $295 aftermarket and $235 for rebuilt on ebay... 7SB16C is what you need and do a search in both title and description.

You will see many other cars uses the same compressor but I don't know if the electrical fitting is the same or not... probably different so stick with those who said for Mercedes.

I'd have the AC shop do a test for you... as second opinion before buying a compressor. If you had the car recharged many times without recharging the oil... it could lead to compressor failure.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks for all good suggestions !

Reply to