When Change oil/ pinging for about 3 weeks

My engine runs smooth, until I change the oil, when I do so, there is a noticable pinging noise that remains for about 3 weeks then disappears. Recently, I just tighten the new oil filter by hand, since I notice this is sufficient to produce no leaks.....could this possibly be the cause? Any ideas? Thanks for any input.

Reply to
ThomasDefender

Maybe it's because you are upside down when changing the oil and all the blood runs to your head. Or maybe you just think about noises after changing oil and it takes you three weeks to forget the idea. Either way I don't suspect it's the vehicle.

Reply to
MaxAluminum