Electrical exterior mirror ML

I have a problem with the flap function of my electrical exterior mirror in my ML. It works, but at the endposition it does not want to stop and therefore you here 3 or 4 knocking sounds while the motor tries to continue moving although the endposition is already reached.

Is there a switch for the endposition inside the mirror or how does he motor normally know when he has to stop?

Is this something which can be repaired or will I have to replace the whole motor or mirror?

Thank you very much in advance.

Manfred

Reply to
Manfred Jantz

Manfred this happened to my driver side mirrow 2 months ago and its a problem with a worn gear which allows the mirrow motor to continue trying to correct the mirrow it can also be caused by the mirrow being knocked or forced into or out of position manualy new unit i am afraid cost is very high in the UK from merc deale

"Manfred Jantz" wrote

Reply to
kcal