Startproblems 500SL, 1991

Can anyone help me with the following problem. If the motor of my car hot/warm is, I have the following startproblems. The startmotor does his work normally, but the controllihgts on the dasboard doesn't light up. A beepsound is heard from the little speaker in near the rearbackmirror , and the motor doesn't turn on. After several startattempts, the dasboardlights normally funtioned and the motor turns on. If the motor is cooled down, I have no startproblems. Thx in advanced: Wiel

Reply to
Wil

Mmm... let me get this straight... starter will crank all time... sometime inside dash does not work... Only when engine is hot....

I would start out by replacing the ignition switch... because your interior dash/electrical should come on regardless of engine temperature.

Reply to
Tiger

I would start out by examing your battery connections.

My 2c(us)

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Thx for your input, the problem is that when I start my car and the dashboard dashboardlights doesn 't light up ( when the motor is hot) then the motor doesn't start while the startmotor normally does his work. When I try several times and see that the dasboardlights normally function, then the motor does start. I think that the problem is not the battery or the ignitionswitch . Can You advise me further about this problem, I think thats is a electrical problem, but I don't know where I have to start with resolvongthe problem, greetings : Wil.

"Wil" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Wil

I was trying to tell you that you have electrical problem... electrical problem can occur due to heat... alot of current pass through ignition switch and it does heat up.

Reply to
Tiger
  1. If the battery is old (say three year old), I would suggest to change it first and clean the electrodes that you can eliminate the battery problem.

  1. If the battery is not so old, you may need to check the battery's water level and whether the electrodes' condition.

Just for your information: When the over charge cut off circuit doesn't work properly, it may charge the battery to overheated and eventually kill the battery.

Anyway try the battery first :)

"Tiger" news:t_M_c.25241$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net ...

Reply to
admin