engine cutting out:'73 450 SLC

I've had this car for about 1.5 years, so I guess its time for a few problems to start showing up. After all it is 32 years old.

The engine runs fine then, very suddenly, seems like its only hitting on 4 cylenders. The problem lasts between 1 to 5 seconds and goes as suddenly as it appears. Its only happened three time so far, but I'm concerned about driving it until I get this problem figured out.

Since the problem comes and goes so suddenly, I suspect its an electrical problem of some sort. Ignition or fuel injection?

If anyone else here has had this problem, I'd like to hear what you found. Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Wild assed guess: trigger points.