Extended Warranty Recommendations

I have a 2000 280C that is soon to be out of its Starmark warranty. Can you suggest a third party extended warranty program with which you've had a good experience.

Thanks,

Reply to
Inspector

I have had EXCELLENT experience with WARRANTYDIRECT.COM. I and family/friends have had 5 contracts from them. Not a hassle and we've had quite a few claims. You can get one that's almost bumper-to-bumper, too. And it's exclusionary...it covers everything UNLESS it's clearly excluded...and the exclusions are minimal...wear and tear items and the emissions mostly.

I have NO connection, financial or other, whatsoever to WARRANTYDIRECT.COM other than being a satisifed customer for about 4 years.

confidential

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

Aaron,

Here's my take: warranty insurance policies are widely available. The mark up is pretty significant; the MB dealer in SA offered me a GE warranty for $2400. In resoonse to a fax, a Houston MB dealer offered me the same GE warranty for $1900.

From my perspective, there were two features I cared about:

exclusions

who would be my 'champion' if I had a problem.

My credit union had a policy that was a bit expensive, but I figured that they would be a champion if I had a problem with a claim. But, when I looked through the fine print (on the contract, not the brochure), excluded were any problems covered by bad gas, or any failure of a fastener (nut or bolt).

I ended buying one from a non-MB dealer that I had done business with in the past. The policy is okay -- but I know that these guys would be on the insurer like white on rice if I had any problem.

Reply to
CLK430

The other alternative is to trade it in for a Lexus and you won't need the warranty!

confidential

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

"D.D. Palmer" wrote in news:3Trpb.93258$Fm2.77294@attbi_s04:

Or he could get himself a classic Mercedes (50's,60's,70's) and have a "better" car!

Reply to
George Mann

It might be better compared to the later model Mercedeses, but it will cost an arm and a leg to fix and it won't have the latest safety features and will be a even bigger gas piggie than today's cars and will be a constant source of aggravation...

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

you can buy a lot of repairs for what you save. and as far as time in the shop, it will be less as they can be fixed without a computer

case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN