Fan won't stop

The aux fan of my w124 230e 1992 is always on when the engine coolant T° is about 15 celcius degrees or more. When I unplug the coolant temp sensor (blue one on top front of the engine), the fan still keeps running, so I think it might be the relay located behind the fuse box.

But early in the morning, when the outside T° is about 10° celcius, the fan doesn't engage.

Maybe the relay hangs up only with certain amount of T°.

Or may be there is other device that I´m not aware of.

Is there any way to test this relay?... Could anyone put me in the right direction to solve this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Marcelo Mansilla Santiago - Chile

Reply to
Marcelo Mansilla

Fan operation may be related to A/C as well as to the engine. There may be a temperature sensor on the A/C accumulator (also known as the receiver-dryer) that's near the condensor (in front of the radiator).

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Thanks TG, I will check that one.

"T.G. Lambach" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...