Fuel Injection

I?ve been a Detroit muscle guy most of my life but always respected what my father said was the best and bought a 450sl 80 about a year ago. It had been sitting in a garage for a long time which had left it prestine to look at but ran poorly. Replaced ignition wires, plugs, distributor, injectors, and fuel pump. Cleaned the fuel distribution box and the air intake body, new fuel filter and pump. And, of course, re-set the timing. All this made an enormous improvement. It still starved for fuel when you stepped on it, but only going up big hills. The fuel pump was replaced with other than Borsch. I put the original fuel pump back on and Bingo, its now back to being my fathers? Mercedes. Conclusion: Not all fuel pumps are created equal.

Reply to
pearybrown