Fuel Tank Removal

Im thinking I have to remove the fuel tank on my 300E. Does anyone here know how many bolts or what type of hardware holds the tank up? -Chuck

Reply to
Chuckyg

Get the Haynes manual. It has a section on tank removal, but I'm to lazy to copy it here. It's between the rear seat and the boot, I know that (but I whish I didn't).

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

That's the safest place to put a tank... ya know... if it was underneath where spare tires are now... any rear end collision would cause a rupture and possibly explosion dut to ignition from hot engine or spark.

Where Mercedes put it... a rear end collision will not damage the tank.. that's the safety crumple zone... If it is hit from side, it still take a lot of force to get past the wheel, wheelwell, and the strongest part of the frame that holds the roof up.

Reply to
Tiger

OK, sounds good. It's just that I've been reading this book that's left me with the almost uncontrollable urge to add "(but I wish I didn't)" to each sentence that ends with "I now that". ;)

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition