Good Merc mechanic North San Diego County

I recently moved to Encinitas California in North San Diego County. Any one know a reliable and reasonable shop for a Mercedes here??? Thanks, SW

Reply to
SW

Stay away from Mikes Place in Poway. He's probably a decent-enough mechanic but he forgets stuff (like brake caliper bolts).

Mercedes Benz of Escondido is a good dealer until they do something wrong. I'm having a bit of a problem with them getting my alignment right.

The only other person I know is in Southern San Diego. If you find someone, let me know!

Mike

Reply to
Mike "Rotor" Nowak

I'm curious to hear of your recommendations in San Diego.

Reply to
Stan de SD

I had a nightmare with MB of San Diego. Dieter Fisher in La mesa is great but expensive. German Auto Repair is great in La Mesa but La Mesa is to far away from North County. I would always stay away from dealers. Still have3 no recs on North SD county.

Reply to
SW

Who would those be, so I can file them in my memory bank?

Reply to
Stan de SD

I've only got one reccomendation given to me by a man I met with no less than six 87 300Ds (plus a 91 300D 2.5T and a 2001 E320). He spoke absolutley wonderfully of a gentleman down in southern San Diego... I lost his card but I'm going to try and find the name in the next few days.

Mike

Reply to
Mike "Rotor" Nowak

Lets see -

If I am going to get a lubrication service or something else pretty inexpensive, I take my car to Hoehn Mercedes-Benz in Carlsbad (where I bought it). They offer FREE MB loaner cars AND a FREE car wash with every service.

However, Hoehn can get expensive on major work. For that I think that Hans at German Autowerke is by far the best (and most reasonable) Mercedes-Benz mechanic I have met since I bought my first MB almost 7 years ago.

Hans did a pre-purchase inspection on 3 300D's before I chose the one that I bought and put 100k on and THEN did another prepurchase inspection on my 95' E300D which I bought (at Hoehn) and have since put 110k miles on.

He has done great lubrication, brake and transmission work. Again, he doesn't offer loaner cars. If you are getting a lubrication service, I would say go to Hoehn and ask for Paul Nelson, he is a great service adviser AND again, Hoehn will wash your car for free.

If you are getting A LOT of work done, go to German Autowerke and tell him Jeff B. sent you.

German Autowerke - Hans

3038 Industry Street Suite 109 Oceanside, CA 920547 760-721-3321
Reply to
HOTLANCERUSA