Any reliable Saab mechanics in San Diego ?

Hi,

Does anyone know any reliable and trustworthy Saab mechanics in the San Diego/La Jolla area ? I have decided on buying a used 1998 SE Turbo (V4 5-speed manual) and need a knowledgeable mechanic to give it a thorough checkup. I received a lot of helpful feedback from you guys about problem areas I need to look at in the car and would like them examined.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks !

Reply to
goonie

I may be able to help you if you can define for me "reliable" and "trustworthy."

Reply to
xtreme

Hey Lenny,

I just basically want a realistic estimate of the car before I take the plunge. I have been reading about a few issues with the 900s like the brake pads, rotors, muffler etc. So I would like those to be examined if possible. Also the car is due for a 60k mile service and might need some work. So, if the mechanic can give me a sound estimate of possible work on the car, it would really help, in case I need to renegotiate the price etc.

Hope that helped :-)

Praveen

Reply to
goonie

There is a shop up in Del Mar that's very friendly and reliable. I've never had a problem with them...I've had to move to Colorado this year, but the 6 years I was in San Dog, the place up in Del Mar was IT...

Reply to
Chris M.