Help: 300E R-12 to R-134 AC conversion

Please Help! Anyone has experience on coverting R-12 to R-134 on 300E? Can I just buy conversion kit from Schucks and do it by my self? I think all of my R-12 already gone. Can I do it without recycling it or not?

Thanks in advance.

Don

Reply to
Don

You still need to have the system evacuatred with vacuum pump... otherwise, you will never get it to work right.

Reply to
Tiger

I have converted a Volvo, 3 years ago , Pontiac 2 years ago, and Lincoln in spring of this year successfully with Interdynamics kit from Kmart as per enclosed instructions. Only affixed new valves. All systems are still working well. R-12 disappeared due to an 'accident'.

Reply to
Mr. Elbe

If R-12 is all gone, there must be a leak. Conversion does not fix leak.

To do the job right, you need to find the leak and fix it first. R-134 is less efficient than R-12. To get maximum performance from R-12 design, you need to evacuate the system like Tiger said. Only R-12/R-134 contribute to cooling, the more other stuff (air, moisture, mineral oil) the less refrigerant you can put in, and the less performance. Moisture also contributes to internal corrosion which is the #1 enemy of AC system.

Other than fix> Please Help!

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan