Help! 99 ml320 strange behaviour

When my 99 ML320 is cold it starts and runs perfectly. When it has run a few minutes it will suddenly shut down and I have to let it cool down for ten minutes or so until it starts again. It turns over fine but will not fire. It will sometimes drive fine for a few miles but when I stop and turn off the engine it will not start. After it cools down it starts ok. The "check engine" light does not come on. I took it to a local mechanic but he can't get it to repeat the behaviour. Any ideas as to what is going on would be very appreciated. Terry

Reply to
terry2336

Have the Crank Position Sensor checked.

Reply to