Help! got stuck fitting front coil springs on W202 C240T

Hi
I am in the process of changing the two front coils on my 1998 C240T.
The left hand side coil had broken near to the base and after a struggle I managed to get it out.
I have removed the shock, anti-roll bar and steering arm attachments. I am using three coil springs compressors to compress the spring but with them on a) I can't seem to get enough compression b) and with them on I am not convinced I am going to be able to actually get the thing back in place.
Is there some trick to fitting the new ones?
Cheers
Neil Miller Surrey,UK
You are using the wrong type of spring compressor. It is a good thing that you didn't remove it or you will end up in hospital. You must use INTERNAL SPRING COMPRESSOR. The generic one will work but you need to add spacers because the rod is too long. Real MB spring compressor can be had for $300 while the generic one is $85.
Some places rent them..

Hi
Thanks for the info especially to Tiger for pointing me in the direction of using the internal spring compressor.
Borrowed a DB one and job done.
Cheers
Neil

on
get
Glad to help and know you are not in hospital.