how to replace bulb in air vent thumbwheel? E320 CDI 2000

Nearing Christmas it would be nice to have all those little lights working again. How do I get at the bulb for the air vent thumbwheel in an E320 CDI yr 2000. I mean the central and two side vent vertical thumbwheels, not the hot/cold climate control. Can you pull off the grill surrounding them or does it require a special tool?

nihil

I have the same question for the 1987 300E

Reply to
alien hoobajoob