Hyundai Genesis quieter, better than MB E-Class?

Such is the marketing claim. Any comments from you MB folks?

Cheers, Figaro

Reply to
Figaro

When that Hyundai is 18 years old maybe then it'll be as quiet as my '92 300D because it won't be running.

JD

Reply to
GP

The day of the benz is over. It has only been recently that Mercedes and BMW were even top safety picks. Remember you are buying the star, not quality. The S Series and The Trucks like the ML brough Mercedes quality to industry lows. AUDI will sell more cars in Europe than either bmw or mercedes by the end of 2010. I own a Benz, its nice but unreliable and expensive to fix. There have been numerous electrical issues. The dealers don't have the trained manpower to fix them quick enough. The new Korean and even Toyota products are already more reliable, lower owner cost, etc. I think BMW and Mercedes dont have the resources to win the battle in the long run.

Reply to
thekeener1

See you should have bought a W123 or Early W124 300D (or any vehicle using the pre-CDI engine (MB or licenses)). Designed act as a mobile nuclear bunker and burn almost any heavy fuel oil. When things get really tough and the mad max world meets to failing western economies, you would have been one of the last few moving.

People laugh as sSangyong Mussos and Korandos, but when you need to ram the baricade to steal used veg oil to get to the last remaining job interview, you will be the one laughing at the Korean tractor jokes.

The Koreans like Hyundai, and sSangyong are doing now what Japan did in the 70's but the evolutionary cycle is faster.

I like MBs but they lost their way and allowed Beancounters to design car instead of engineers. Hopefully those days are over.

Reply to
Elder

Merc diesel engines are not that different to Audi (& BMW) ones. Similar technology, no?

All turbodiesels requiring low-sulfur fuel.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Picked by whom?

Mercedes is climbing back up. 2/3 of its US models are now reliable enough for Consumer Reports to recommend them.

Including Mini and Smart? Audi gets to count A3 and isn't there an even smaller A2 coming?

They're improving. I'm on my 4th (08 ML350) and it's the most reliable of the 4. (Main problem: squeaking wipers.)

They do here.

Sure, but would you rather be in a Hyundai or a Mercedes?

Mercedes and BMW don't have to match Hyundai in sales; in fact, why would they even want to? Fewer sales =3D exclusivity.

Reply to
erschroedinger