idiot lite ??

Bought a 95 c280. Nice ride but previous owner got into lower left dash & removed idiot light words that appear over mini bulbs. I realize one light is high beam indicator. Can some help me ID rest of positions & what they are?

Reply to
ssveibl

That's easy... most wires runs to a certain length... so they fit in that position best.

High beam is the easiest... stick bulb in and when you turn on high beam with ignition on... the light will light up.

Reply to
Tiger

I'm interpreting this as 'the bulbs are there, but the plastic that goes over them are not.' My car is not that generation, so I don't know the answer. However, I would suggest going to ebay and looking for your car. I am sure that someone will have a picture of the guage surround since people take pics of the odometer. Sometimes the key will be in the position to make them all light up. Also, if you happen to have the manual, they are usualy explained in there. At least every other car I have ever owned has done so.

Good luck, Bill

Reply to
weelliott

I'm interpreting this as 'The bulbs are there, but the plastic that goes over them is not.' My car is not that generation, so I don't know the answer. However, I would suggest going to ebay and looking for your car. I am sure that someone will have a picture of the guage surround since people take pics of the odometer. Maybe you'll get lucky, and they will also have the key in the position to light them up. Also, If you still have the manual, I woudl think that an illustration and explanation should be in there. My merc didn't come with one, but every car that I have had a manual for has explained that stuff.

Good luck, Bill

Reply to
weelliott