IGNITION TIMING TROUBLE SHOOTING

Hy..

My car even has been 14 years under a warehouse, only 42.000 kms, I have just taken it to the world again and I have next problems.

Low power, up to 60 kilometers speed, very low uphill Engine shaking Valves sound

Could you kindly send me complete information about engine (ignition) timing process?

Thanks

Jorge Chile

Reply to
delfinjulius

We don't even know what car you have... to help you.

Reply to
Tiger

Drain all old gas and put in new gas. Old gas make car run really bad.

Reply to
Tiger

Getting a stored car back in condition is a process. First one needs to give the motor good oil and fuel and be sure the fuel supply is adequate to supply the motor's needs. I suspect your motor lacks fuel, probably because the fuel filters are dirty. Before "repairing" the engine I suggest you eliminate the simple possibilities like oil, fuel and fuel filters. Leave the ignition timing alone unless you absolutely KNOW that it was incorrect when the car was put into storage. The timing did not change when the car was in storage. Rather the old fuel evaporated and left a gum on many parts that a carburetor or fuel system cleaner will remove as you drive. Give it some time.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

Getting fresh fuel in it and just driving it is good advice.

The alcohol in the modern oxygenated gasoline will do a fine job of sucking all moisture from your fuel system and should attack any varnish and gum deposits. Just plan on changing the filters as they plug up.

Pete Cowper

1987 300E Union Oil Company Management 1972-84
Reply to
Pete Cowper