02 C230K: Can't get turn signal lamp out

I had a long day on Tuesday, involving a blowout on the freeway, a mini spare whose valve core had been removed, and lots of waiting to get a tire mounted.

Of course, in the middle of all that, the front-right turn signal lamp on my 2002 C230k Sport Coupe burned out. I bought a set of replacement lamps at the auto parts store the next day and tried last night to replace the burned out lamp, but of course, the holder won't unscrew. The left side turn signal lamp unscrews no problem, just as it shows in the owner's manual, but the right-side lamp won't budge.

Unfortunately, the area around the headlamp assembly is extremely cramped, and I can't get any of my pliers or wrenches in there to grip the handle on the cap for better leverage.

Does anybody have any suggestions for non-destructive ways to loosen it up? Can I undo the bolts holding some of the cross pieces above it without adversely affecting headlight alignment?

--Paul

** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **
Reply to
Paul Wylie

Try turning the other way.

Reply to
Tiger

That didn't help. Believe me, I already tried it.

So, does anybody have any better suggestions?

--Paul

** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **
Reply to
Paul Wylie

Most MB I worked on , the bezel pops off so you can easily access teh bulb socket. Check your owners manual on how to remove it.

Reply to
Tiger