Lambda adjust

Well I've got my '89 300E running well again but did notice a bit of a gas smell. Lambda (duty cycle) was about 30% (ie 70% of the time V was high) and therefore running rich. With the new oxygen sensor and the ICV operating correctly finally, it's time to set the duty cycle right. Using pin3 on X11 I've adjusted the 3mm recessed hex set screw on top of the air filter housing to give a 50% duty cycle. I noticed the idle rpm is now quite 'responsive' to load.... is the 50% duty ratio correct or should I run it a tad rich/lean? I'm grateful for any pointers.

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

I usually set them to 40-45%

Reply to
Karl

Karl, many thanks ..... will do just that.

guenter

Karl wrote:

Reply to
Guenter Scholz