Location of CD Changer wir. Harn. 1999 E320

I want to add a disc changer to my 99 E320. I was told it is wired for a CD changer. Where in the trunk is this wiring harness located ? Driver side or passenger side. I cant seem to find it. Thanks.

Reply to
1 1

Not sure about a 99 E Class. On the 99 C Class it was on the right side of the trunk (passenger side), pull the panels off it's tucked away with other wires in the wiring harness. The fibre opitic wire is orange in color and the power cable is red (I think). I just installed on my CD changer on my C Class this morning. Painless, easy installation.

BTW, I spoked to a technician in one my local dealerships he mentioned that pre-wiring for 99 Model MB's will be a hit or a miss, the fibre optic connections was introduced in the second half of that year. So according to him depending on the when your MB came out of the factory you may or may not find the cables.

Good luck. Giri

Reply to
Giri Ethirajan

On my '99 E320 it is in a recessed area on the left-hand side of the trunk.

Reply to
Josh