CD changer install e34

I notice in my trunk it says pre wired for cd changer. Where are the leads located? I want to take a peek at them so I know what type changer to purchase. I have a 95 525i. Are there things I need to be aware of prior to purchase? Any ideas on where to buy the right unit? I notice some on ebay and roadfly, just want to make sure i get the right thing. Thanks

Reply to
David N Emmet

The BMW changer is very easy to install. The bracket is a two part unit and the changer is a simple plug in. The bad part is that it is expensive. Check BMW Car Club magazine Roundel for suppliers. I would expect to pay $300 to $400 USD. Used unit normally will have problems with the shock mounts are CD will get stuck inside the unit. Learned that one the hard way.

The cables are under the window deck. One is power the other is the interface, signal.

Reply to
CFL

I would get an Alpine MP3/WMA player and forget about a CD changer. Fit

10X the data on 1 CD or get an archaic attachment for more money.
Reply to
Enoch Root

Thanks for the advice, I took it and installed a new Alpine head unit in the car. Sounds great, nice fit.

Dave

Reply to
David N Emmet