Location of Neutral Safety Switch

On a 1995 MB C 280 AutoTran (Shifter between the front bucket seats) where is the neutral safety switch located? TIA.

Reply to
imflanier

Wan-ning Tan

I have a strange non-starting problem that I thought might be connected with a bad NSS.

Intermittently the car will not start. It always turns over. Almost as if no fuel or spark but after many tries, it starts and will start many times after that only to not start at the most inopportune times. The other day, the engine turned over while in drive...which it shouldn't do. It did not start but the engine turned over. This led me to think of the NSS. It doesn't seem to be reproduceable and could be a multi-buck diagnostic job...if you know what I mean.

Thanks for your info and any further thoughts.

Reply to
imflanier

Are the red and green LED's on your mirror flashing when the car refuses to start?

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

Unless I'm missing something...there are no red and green LED on mirror. This is a '95 C 280.

Should there be the LEDs ?

Reply to
imflanier

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

Ahah! No remote...no tilt steering wheel either.

I'm now testing a new theory about the non-start. I turn off the key and then I shift into park. So far it starts every time..(fingers crossed)

You know, I really like the car. The 6 cylinder is sooooo smooth and powerful but I've had nothing but problems with it. Matter of fact my friends have named it "Toby" 'cause I've had it towed so many times.

Reply to
imflanier

Your first instinct was right. Replace the lockout switch.

Reply to
Jerry W