Neutral safety switch. 1996 Cherokee Classic

1996 Cherokee Classic. 4.0. Auto trans. Does anyone know where the neutral safety switch is. It wont start unless I hold the key on and move the shifter. I am assuming thats my problem here. It is 2wd by the way.

Thanks, Greg

Reply to
jerryg

It should be on the side of the transmission in the same module as the reverse light switch. A real expensive SOB on some too.

It can be adjusted and taken apart and cleaned if really bad.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain