loss of power below 3000rpm

Hi, I recently got the four injectors in my 220CDI engine replaced/reconditioned. SInce starting to drive the cars again I have noticed a sever drop in power. Basically when im starting of from standstill there is no power until about 3000rpm so the car is moving really slowely until that point.

This power loss is right across the engine at all reves but just very noticible starting off.

Any ideas. Thanks

Paul J

Reply to
Paul J

If the only change is the injectors I'd suspect the wrong injectors were installed, but there's another, more logical possibility.

'80s M-B diesels have a system to add extra fuel during acceleration; it works on the turbocharger's boost pressure but if disconnected, or otherwise not functioning the engine's acceleration is flat rather than robust. I don't know your car's engine as these are not sold in the USA but it may be similar to the older motors.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

egr valve

WARNING: NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS.COM They can't deliver as promised

Reply to
jdoe

I am not familiar with that car... but if it has turbo, then the turbo is at fault... maybe the mechanic disconnected something and forgot to put it back.

Reply to
Tiger