My poor old Pug

OK. Got a bit of a technical problem maybe someone can give some ideas about... I've neglected my old Peugeot 305 for a good four or five months - it's been in an covered car park collecting dust, with me starting it and moving it around every couple of weeks. Last time I had it running was probably about a month ago - it nearly cut out on me that time and I figured it was due to being low on fuel (the fuel warning light's been on for ages now).. So, I didn't get to move it again until last week, when I put about 5 litres of fuel in it (in the petrol tank, that is, I haven't decided to torch it just yet). I turned the key and it fired up first time. It ran for about 4 minutes before it stalled. I restarted it and the engine sounded a bit rougher... the more I revved it, the harder it seemed to be to keep going. Started sounding like it was running on three. Finally, it stalled and refused to start up again - it did occasionally try to fire but now it doesn't even do that. I put another 6 or so litres of fuel in and some redex injector cleaner but it still didn't help. Now, it's not the fuel flow or electrics. The fuel pressure seems pretty damn high and I'm getting a spark. However, I pulled the injectors off and only one was spraying petrol. I took the fuel hose off the end of the fuel rail and let the petrol drain out. It looked to me like there was a small amount of water in the fuel that came out. So, I let some more petrol run through it all and then tried the injectors again - two sprayed fuel, then three, then they all stopped working. I repeated this a few times, with similar results. Is my fuel heavily contaminated with water? I must have at least ten litres in there by now, would adding more help much? Anyone know how to properly clean injectors out? Does anyone know if it's safe to stick a constant 12 volts across them to make 'em open up, then just keep the fuel going through for a while (trying to shift whatever's in there)?

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

depends on the impedance of the injectors. I have seen it recomended to put a brake light bulb in series to limit the current.

Reply to
timmmmayyy!