Mercedes 38 pin diagnostic connector pinout?

Can anyone in this group point me towards information about the 38 pin diagnostic connector found in European Mercedes cars? Specifically, my car is the 2,3 liter E model of 97 vintage. Any response much appreciated.

-Martti

Reply to
Martti Paalanen

Go to

"tech forum" and run a search... you'll find more about this diagnostic system than you ever wanted! :-) You'll need a pretty advanced scanner to access the car's data bus via this connector. Hope this helps. KenP

Reply to
KenP

Thanks a lot, i'll look into it. I'm not after any fancy diagnostic systems such as Carsoft and many others sell for big bucks. mainly I just want to be able to read and reset the codes. I know this can be done with a simple switch_and_led jury rig. The problem is that so far I have found too much inconsistent info to care to try lest i burn some circuits in the diag computer. Thanks again,

-Martti

Reply to
Martti Paalanen