Mercedes E320 V Lexus GS300

In the market for a new luxury vehicle I am trying to decide between one of the above. What do you Mercedes guys think is the advantage of the E320?

Reply to
Bob Smith

European cars have a particular road feel and responsiveness that is not matched by japanese supercars.

That said, Toyota (aka Lexus) builds the highest quality cars in the world, as of this date.

If you drive both and like both, buy the Lexus. If you drive both and like the MB better, then we will speak to you again soon...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

You can feel the road; it's not "comfortably numb".

Reply to
Richard Sexton

None! The Mercdes will spend all its life at the dealer, getting faults fixed. With the Lexus, you will not see your dealer again until the first service.

Reply to
Ric

Mercedes T&A looks better!

DanlK, ~~~\8-O FYI Services Collectibles

FYIS.org

I get the feeling that an E320 will spend a lot more time in the repair shop than the GS320. Would this hold true for the diesel powered model?

Reply to
Bob Smith

That said, and IMHO, you roll the clock forward 10 years, and you keep it that long, I think you will still be happy with the MB and not so much with the Lexus.

(Pricing on parts for the Lexus seem much higher, where I am, anyway.)

Regards, WS

Reply to
ws

I have been fortunate enough to own both (three years each). Never had a problem with either of them although the Lexus ate brake discs (rotors). The Lexus has zero personality, it's just a cunning Japanese mobility device. If that's what you want, buy it, but the Merc is more involving, and more relaxing as a mile-eater; I also found it about 15% more economical. Known in some quarters as the Flying Fortress.

Lexus brakes were (even) better, and the hifi was also.

Reply to
David Millen