Mercedes Maintenance Contracts

Does Mercedes still offer a factory maintenance contract on new vehicles? My dealer tried to sell me a proprietary plan that was pretty bad but never mentioned one offered by the factory.

Reply to
DaFlaBear

yes

shame one him

Reply to
jdoe

Jd, If they offer one, I can't seem to find anyone that knows about it.

Reply to
DaFlaBear

Do you mean a maintenance contract that covers regular scheduled items such as oil changes or a warranty that covers defects and repairs? If you're looking for the former, I seem to recall (based on a thread a while back) that MB stopped offering this about a year or so ago.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

Josh, Yes, a Maintenance contract. I know they stopped offering it for free, but it's odd they won't sell them.

Reply to
DaFlaBear

If they will not sell you one, that is extremely dumb from both a profit and customer satisfaction viewpoint.

I would try a few other dealers.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I just bought a 2002 E320 from a dealer in Spokane, WA. I was offered the entire kit and kaboodle for some $3,000. But I believe the stipulation was that it had to be done at that time as an extension to the factory 100,000 mi warantee. This more expensive warrantee covered everything, but I declined to take it. Later I was surprised when I called and told them the temperature 7-segment display had lost some segments and they said bring it in, it's under the original MB warantee.

Reply to
James O'Riley