Mercedes S500 2000

Hey I have a Mercedes Benz S500 year 2000. One day when I tried to turn on the cruise control, it did not work. I tried all sorts of positions the cruise handle could go but it did not work The display use to say Cruise Control on and the speed but it didnt say anything

One day i washed my car, and after that it worked again until I turned the car off and went shopping. When I came back, it didnt work anymore

Does anyone have an idea of what may have happend?

Thanks

Reply to
Amin

The kar dried off so it quit working again. Your kar must go and be analyzed to see why it wants so desparatly to be klean. Obviously it now feels dirty - where has it been? What have you done with it? IT has a deep emotional problem now with a desperate urge to be klean. Hanz und Franz vill put it on der little couch und dey vill get to der bottom of its little problem. Und after dis, only do gud kind things in der kar so you vill not traumitize it!

Reply to
mcbrue

Check the fuse, it may be a bit corroded. The water bridged the corrosion and it worked on that account but not later after it was dry again.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

McBrue, don't give the nice man bad ideas.

Still klunking around in that Lessus?

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Broken solder joint someplace. When it got wet it was able - just - to pass current again through water that got in the break till that dried up then it stopped again.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Yes, still klunking around in the Rexus kudzu burner. But it is running. Am thinking of starting a thread about why Rexus is not a luxury car brand that runs on for a month or so. But it does run.

Reply to
mcbrue

My yr 2000 E320 cdi had a random non-functioning of the cruise control. I also had problems sometimes getting it out of Park (had to use a pencil). These two observations lead me to suspect the brake pedal sensor. I asked the garage to check it which they did together with giving the sensor a liberal spray of contact cleaner. This cured both problems.

Reply to
Nihil

So Nihil - are you a mathematician? (You work it out with a pencil so I was just wondering ...) Or are you sort of a pessimistic philosopher type? Or do you perhaps live on top of a big hill made of Nickel? Glad to hear all your problems were cleared by a quick spray.

Reply to
mcbrue