1975 Mercedes 280

I was thinking of buying a 1975 Mercedes-Benz 280. I spoke to three or four mechanics about it including one who claimed to work almost exclusively on Mercedes-Benz, and each claimed that the car would be very difficult to repair. The mechanic who worked exclusively on Mercedes-Benz told me that he would have difficulty finding parts for any Mercedes-Benz from 1975 unless that Mercedes was one of the "classic" models; then I looked at some Mercedes websites and found what appeared to be a complete selection of parts for 1975 280 for sale. It is easy to obtain parts for the 1975 Mercedes-Benz 280? Are these mechanics right: the 1975 Mercedes-Benz 280 a car that is very difficult to repair? I never had a problem getting my old Mercedes-Benz repaired, but this was one of the "classic" models. Is a

1975 Mercedes-Benz 280 a bad buy for someone who knows little about repairing cars and who's budget is limited?
Reply to
jjnorth06

Only if it's your only car. I don't think they're as bad as they make it out. But it ain't no Camry. Stuff is fairly straightforward but some parts are NLA these days and you have to find good used ones; they're around but if you have to go to work you can't exacly sit there waiting for fedex.

Reply to
Richard Sexton