Mirror leak and door stain

My 99 E 320 leaked some kind of dark fluid from within the driver side mirror while I was out of town for a week and where the fluid dripped on the door paint it appears to have left an indelible stain.Can anyone help me identify a fix short of having the door repainted?

Reply to
rwh

Have you tried rubbing compound?

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

Whatever this dark fluid was, it did not originate from the side mirror! It must have been thrown from somewhere else...

Reply to
David J

I would try to take a sample of the dark matter and see if there is a solvent that might work. There is a product call "bug and tar remover" that seemed to work pretty well when tar from a new road got on the lower half of my rear bumper.

Hope this helps you.

Reply to
me

this may be a long shot, but if the car was parked outside, some of the bird droppings can be very liquid and resembles a dark fluid that is difficult to remove after - it leaves a stain that comes out ohh so slowly with rubbing compound

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

It's acid; the owner's manual specifically warns of exactly what happened to your car if the mirror should break.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach