Power Door Lock problem on 2000 Town and Country

Hi all, I've been having problems with my 2000 Chrysler Town and Country. It started a few months ago when the person driving hit a large pothole, immediately after hitting the pothole the interior lights began to flicker, the emergency chime (chime for low fuel, open door etc.) kept sounding and all the door locks repeatedly locked and unlocked. I'm not positive it was all the doors but it sure sounded like that. This only lasted for a second or two, everything seemed fine after that. About a week later while I was driving in the van I noticed what sounded like the tailgate door lock automatically. I'm aware that the doors do automatically lock when the van reaches a certain speed, but this had already happened and the doors were already locked. This happened several more times since then and sometimes it would happen several times while out driving even though all the doors had been left locked. Just the other day it sounded like either the tailgate or the driver's side sliding door locked and unlocked repeatedly within a three or four second time frame. Also, the driver's side sliding door isn't locking properly, when I used the remote to lock all the doors, the drivers side sliding door was still unlocked and the same thing happened when using the switch on the armrests of the driver's side door to lock all the doors. As anybody else experience something like this with their Chrysler van? The incident that occurred a few months ago where the lights were flickering had me very nervous as I had just bought the van back in August. I have an appointment with my local Chrysler service center on the 26th to look into this but any info you can provide in the meantime is greatly appreciated!

Dan snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMoptonline.net Remove NOSPAM from address when replying

Reply to
Dan

ok i know that chrylers door pin switches can go bad they are adjustable with a new one do your doors lock after driving like 15 mph? if so try to replace the door switches

Reply to
alpine1