Navigation: can't input specific address??

I recently acquired a 2000 S500, and I've found that while the navigation system will let me input a specific address (house no.), it then forces me to choose from a list of address ranges (e.g., 101-149,

150-199, etc.). I assume I must be missing something? Or is the system just old and not as precise as others I've used?

Thanks for any help! Devon

Reply to
Devon

You can buy new navigation CD with more up to date map and info.

Reply to
Tiger

that's the way the system works, it only gives a range of addresses

Reply to
jdoe

Yep, because that's all they know... so if you got something like a new construction on new street... it might not even show up... for up to 3 years. It will only show up if you buy new map.

Other time, you need to double check the street prefix... Ave. and St. are different.

Reply to
Tiger

Will an updated CD help, or it just a limitation of the system itself?

Thanks

Reply to
Devon

more than likely a new cd would change nothing

Reply to
jdoe

As far as updated map and addresses, yes. As far as the system improvement, slight.

Reply to
Tiger